How to destress by “Relaxing with a Mental Organiser”
How to destress and take control with a 5 minute personal daily plan and strategy. (Also read this)
Do you have a word or saying you use when you are under stress. There a a few that come to mind at the moment and a couple of those aren’t really printable.
Often the way we lead our lives and even work to destress can lead to increased stress levels. I know I often get stressed while I’m supposedly relaxing – the relaxing activity becomes frustrating or boring. Have you ever been distressed even when you’re supposedly relaxing – even feeling guilty for putting your feet up for a few minutes? I know I do sometimes too.
Because stress is unavoidable in living and at times is essential to our existence, it is valuable to discover strategies to lessen and prevent trying incidents and lessen negative reactions to stress.
There are suggestions here that will enable you to break the distressing patterns and relax more by using these techniques to destress.
One thing accepted now about our unwanted feelings and tensions is that to deny them can be disastrous. It is far better to experience the feeling and release it than bottle it up until it causes serious physiological damage. Not to allow yourself the time to destress can cause innumerable social, work and family issues and tensions leading to more stress.
There are some wonderful and simple techniques that can be learned to enable the release of these emotional time bombs.
Begin now to think often that to destress is bliss and practice relaxation techniques.
Managing time is a key in learning how to destress
Time management skills are able to allow you extra time with your loved ones and friends and perhaps improve your performance and productivity. This has to help you to cut your stress.
To improve your time management:
· Save time by focusing and concentrating, delegating, and scheduling time for yourself.
· Maintain a diary of how you pass your time, including work, family, and leisure time.
· Prioritise your time by ranking tasks by consequence and urgency. Redirect your time to those activities that are essential and meaningful to you.
· Manage your commitments by not over- or under-committing. Don’t commit to do what is unimportant to you.
· Eliminate procrastination by using a day planner, breaking large projects into smaller ones, and setting short-term deadlines.
· Examine your beliefs to reduce conflict between what you believe and what your life is like.
. Learn to say “NO”. “Thanks for the opportunity but I’m not able to help at present” will instantly destress you when you say it and mean it.
Develop motivating coping strategies is another how to destress key.
Recognize that you only get feedback and learn from it.
It is crucial that you discover your coping strategies. One way to do this is by recording the nerve-wracking incident, your response, and how you cope in a stress journal.
You’ll probably start to notice patterns and recognise what works in the process you use to destress yourself.
With this information, you can act to modify harmful coping strategies into healthy ones -those that help you to focus on the positive and what you can switch or handle in your life.
Utilize the feedback to enable you to react differently next time this or a similar situation arises. This flexibility is a key in the ability to destress yourself. Have you ever noticed how people who can always see another way tend to be less stressed.
You will need to develop your sensory acuity so you can recognise the onset of the stress reaction and act to defuse it before it takes hold. It’s much easier to defuse issues at the onset than work through an often difficult destress process later.
How to de stress your Life-style
Some behaviors and life-style choices affect your stress level.
They may not result in tension straight away, but these can affect the responses your body seeks to recover and ease from stress.
- · Balance personal, employment, and domestic needs and obligations.
- · Possess a reason of intention in life.
- What is your mission in life?
- Define it
- · Have sufficient sleep, because your body repairs and restores itself as you sleep.
- · Eating nutritious food is a great defender to have against stress.
- · Get moderate exercise throughout the week.
- · Limit your consumption of alcohol.
- · If you are a smoker – STOP.
Social support is another important element in how to de stress yourself.
Social back up is a major element in how we feel stress. Social support is the positive support you receive from family, friends, and the community. It is the knowledge that you are cared for, loved, honoured, and valued. Ongoing studies indicates a close relationship between social support and superior mental and bodily well being.
How to de stress using a New way of thinking
When an event triggers damaging thoughts, you can feel apprehension, insecurity, anxiety, depression, rage, guilt, and a sensation of ineptitude or impotence.
These emotions activate the body’s stress response, exactly as a real threat does.
Dealing with your negative thoughts and how you perceive things can assist you to cut stress.
- · Thought-stopping helps you discontinue a negative idea to assist in eliminating stress.
- · Disproving ridiculous thoughts helps you to stop exaggerating the negative thinking, anticipating the most unpleasant, and interpreting an incident falsely.
- . You may have read that FEAR is an acronym for Feeling Emotions As Real – emotions are not real but a state of mind you can take charge of and change with an anchoring switch.
- · Problem solving helps you discover all the aspects of a stressful event and discover ways to contend with it.
Communications skills are an essential tool in discovering how to de stress
- · Altering your communication style helps you present in a way that makes your views known without causing others feel put down, angry, or intimidated.
- . This reduces the tenseness that comes with imperfect communicating.
- . Utilize the assertiveness ladder to improve your communication mode.
- . The message you receive is the message you projected – it is feedback.
- . If you don’t like the feedback change the mode of delivery of the message.
- . Advance your skills in this area with NLP techniques and knowledge.
Even writers can get distressed even though they’re merely using their hands to do the talking, simply having to park yourself for a work day is already stressful enough and they need to find their personal approach to lighten stress.
Whether you’re the postman, the Principal, or probably the average working mum or dad, stress is an undesirable visitor you would love to boot out of your homes, notably your life.
It is a joy to discover the you know how to destress at will and your life and those around you will be richer for it.
Don’t forget that you can learn short and easy meditation techniques at my 9 Minute Meditation program. The whole system will give you skills to destress which will offer you a lifestyle you may be dreaming for.